1/3 Photos of Spring Hash Brown Quiche With Asparagus and Goat Cheese
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 50 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A fresh hash brown crusted quiche, filled with fresh chopped spinach, diced sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus tips, sliced green onion, tangy goat cheese, and egg custard. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and special occasions...especially Easter and Mother's Day! I love this recipe for its fresh ingredients, color and gourmet appeal. It is easy to prepare, but looks and tastes fantastic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, diced
- 15 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into one-inch lengths
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced with a some of the green part
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray deep dish pie plate generously with Pam or any other non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Toss Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns with the melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Press buttered potatoes onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- 4Bake in the preheated 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven, reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- 6Top Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns with spinach.
- 7Top potatoes and spinach with sun-dried tomatoes.
- 8Beat the eggs with the half and half and remaining salt and pepper.
- 9Pour over potatoes, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 10Arrange asparagus over egg mixture, sprinkle with the green onions and then scatter the goat cheese over the entire dish.
- 11Bake for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until the center is set.
- 12Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Hash Brown Quiche With Asparagus and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.5
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 130.6 mg
- Sodium 334.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g