Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Green asparagus, pink salmon, creamy new potatoes, bright orange bell peppers. Spring doesn't get any better than this!
- 6 new potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into two inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 chopped orange bell pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a skillet, toss the potatoes, asparagus, oil and salt.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet or large ovenproof skillet, arrange the salmon in single layer.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the salt.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 10 minutes or until done.
- In small bowl, stir together the orange juice, orange zest, honey, vinegar and orange bell pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon and vegetables on a plate and top the salmon with the relish.
We didn't change much on this recipe and liked it a lot. I did use lemon pepper when seasoning the potatoes and asparagus. I didn't really like the bell pepper in the relish; I ended-up using the liquid to pour over the salmon (which was a whole fillet) before baking. It really had a wonderful flavor and really enjoyed it. Don't know why the bell peppers didn't agree with me...I really do like them a lot. I'll likely make this again in the same manner. Thanks for a great recipe!
Fast food at its finest! Simple to prepare, pretty to look at and delicious to eat. A definite keeper!
This couldn't be easier and my dh said "this is the best salmon we've had in a long time"--great dish. The change I made was instead of making the relish, I made the relish ingredients minus the bell pepper and basted the salmon with it--wonderful and we also loved the potatoes and asparagus combo. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again in the Spring!