Great little salad with a warmed orange curry dressing to spice up your day! Toss in some fresh oranges, red onion and feta - yum! Serve with crusty bread. This feeds my family of three as a main meal.
Orange Curry Dressing
- 1 cup light orange juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (spicy or hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (spicy or hot)
- 6 ounces mixed spring greens
- 2 oranges, segmented (sliced would work)
- 1⁄4 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 -3 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- For dressing: Bring orange juice to a boil over medium high heat in a small saucepan. Boil until reduced, about 8-12 minutes (this is when I prep the salad ingredients).
- Pour orange juice reduction into small bowl and add dressing remaining ingredients, whisking until combined. Set aside.
- For salad: Distribute greens, red onions and oranges on serving plates.
- Whisk dressing again and distribute evenly. Top with crumbled feta cheese.
3 1/2 stars. We didn't really enjoy this. The salad is nice but it was the dressing that was too different for us. I followed the recipe exactly except used shallots for the red onion as that is what I had on hand. Made for ZWT6 Asian region, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.
Great salad, super fresh! I run out of red onions so I used a white one, since I though red would look nicer in the picture I added a radish just for color, but it ended up being a good combination. The warm orange juice smelled horrible so I had my doubts with the dressing. Not a problem!! It is delicious. Since I had left over dressing I used it up on the pork chop I was having with the salad, as a marinade and it was fantastic. So, thank you for posting such a tasty recipe.
This was so GOOD. I did add about 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to the dressing.I also used canned mandrians instead of fresh orange segments Definite keeper