Recipe by wood stove stoker
I found this dressing in the MOOSEWOOD RESTAURANT CELEBRATES cookbook. This dressing is well suited for green salads that incorporate dried or fresh fruit.
Top Review by BlueDogLady
Very tasty. I have played with the ingredients of the salad a lot and we have love all the combos of greens and fruit. We really like it with Craisins and sunflower seeds. Excellent dressing for spring greens.
- 12 ounces mixed spring greens
- 3 crisp pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
Maple and Mustard Dressing
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl toss together all salad ingredients. Reserve some of the pears, walnuts, blue cheese, and cherries to garnish salad before serving. (This is one suggestion for the salad, but the possible combinations are endless).
- In a small bowl mix together all dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss. (Note: Do not over-dress salad. Start by pouring ½ of the dressing over salad, toss, and if necessary add more to give the greens a light coating of dressing.).
- Serve in one large bowl or on individual plates. Garnish with reserved pears, walnuts, blue cheese, and cherries.