1/3 Photos of Spring Greens With Beets and Goat Cheese
This is a winning recipe that was printed in the April/May 2009 Taste of Home. It is credited to Kristin Lossak of Bozzman, MT. I have not used the goat cheese but have made this several times using crumbled feta. When adding the cheese, I don't measure but give a nice sprinkling. The dressing makes it all come together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 ounce) package mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sliced beets, drained
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese, or
- 1 cup crembled feta cheese
- 1In a small bowl toss together the pecans, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and water; add to a warmed heavy skillet and heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes.
- 2Sprinkle the toasted pecans with sugar and continue to cook and stir for 2 to 4 minutes or until sugar melts; spread on foil lined pan to cool.
- 3In a medium size bowl combine the syrup, mustard, salt and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar; whisk in the olive oil until thoroughly incorporated.
- 4In a large salad bowl add the salad greens, beets and goat cheese, sprinkle with cooled pecans, drizzle with salad dressing, toss lightly and serve on chilled salad plates.
- 5Any remaining dressing keeps well for a few days in the refirgerator.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Greens With Beets and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 298.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: