Recipe by jonesies
A lighter version of guacamole. Taken from Light & Tasty magazine. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by tigershoes
I thought this was pretty good, but next time I am going to add in some cream cheese and a tiny bit of cumin to throw this over the top. This is really a clever way to sneak in some peas to make a healthy snack. We all really liked this. Oh and we used 2 avacodos to equal a cup. Thanks!
- 10 ounces peas, frozen
- 1 cup avocado (peeled and cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon green chili (canned, drained and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain and place in a food processor.
- Add the avocado, sour cream, onions, cilantro, lime juice, chilies, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips.