Recipe by mrose75
A perfect blend of the heartiest of winter pastas - potato gnocchi - with asparagas, a light vegetable that has come to represent one of the surest signs of spring.
- 32 -36 ounces gnocchi
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces watercress
- 1⁄3 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil a large pot of salted water and add gnocchi. Cook according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter; add lemon zest and cook until butter begins to be fragrant and begins to brown.
- Add salt, pepper, asparagus and shrimp.
- Cood about 5 to 6 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through.
- Add gnocchi and toss to coat; divide gnocchi between 6 serving plates.
- Top with watercress, cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice.