Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great alternative to those expensive ready-made dips at the grocery store! This recipe is from "The Best of Mayberry: The Best of the Best - Home Economists Tested Recipes" by Betty Conley Lyerly.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup radish, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, minced and well drained
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- carrot sticks, raw
- celery rib, raw
- zucchini, raw
- broccoli, raw
- Blend first 10 ingredients, and pour into a small bowl. (I used a blender on pulse just until well mixed.).
- Place in the center of a large serving plate, and surround with arrangements of crisp fresh carrot sticks, celery sticks, zucchini, and broccoli. Garnish with parsley or sprigs of watercress, if desired.
This recipe is almost exactly like one my mother makes, and IT IS COMPLETELY ADDICTIVE! Goes great with potato chips or veggies. Be sure to drain the veggies well after mincing/blending or the dip will be runny. This is our favorite chip dip!