Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A delicious low-fat, high-protein dip and/or spread.
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt, drained (yogurt cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- To make yogurt cheese, place yogurt in cheese cloth or paper coffee filter and place in strainer over a bowl.
- Let drain a few hours or for best results, overnight in the refrigerator.
- The more liquid removed the better.
- In a bowl mix yogurt cheese and softened cream cheese.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Serve with raw veggies or chips.
- *Notes:When chopping the bell pepper, I put a paper plate on the cutting surface to help absorb some of the liquid in the pepper.
- It's best to hand chop the veggies for this reason.
- The food processor seems to make everything to runny.
- This dip never lasts more than a day or so at our house so I always quadruple the recipe.
- I figure while I'm doing all that chopping I might as well make it last.
- It keeps several weeks in the fridge.