Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy frittata with fresh asparagus and new potatoes.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 lb thin fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 small red new potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dozen large egg
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Steam asparagus over boiling water just until tender, about 4 minutes. Reserve.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Saute shallots until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and saute additional 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to potatoes and carefully toss. Cook potatoes an additional 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown. Remove from heat.
- Stir chives and asparagus into potatoes and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and Parmesan together in large bowl. Melt butter in large nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, carefully lifting edges of eggs with spatula to allow uncooked portions to run underneath.
- Spread asparagus-potato mixture evenly over eggs. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Bake eggs in oven until set and cheese is browned and bubbly, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.