Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mom uses this in her catering business frequently. It's the perfectly pleasing one-dish dinner, sure to please men, women and children. For as silly as the name is, it's really a remarkable recipe. Delicious served on its own, or with a fruit or simple green salad.
- 3 cups cooked ham, 1/4-inch diced
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13" pan and set aside.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, saute celery and onion over medium heat until translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pimentos, salt, soup, milk, mayo, cheese, and eggs. Add celery/onion mix and pasta, then meat. Toss all very well in bowl until ingredients are well-distributed through pasta. (I usually end up using my hands--much easier.).
- Pour pasta into baking pan. Combine bread crumbs with melted butter, then sprinkle over the top of dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- ***Can substitute chicken and cream of chicken soup for the ham and mushroom soup.