Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
for Peoria meal deal March 2008.
- cooking spray
- 14 1⁄2 ounces cooked whole wheat penne
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh asparagus
- 1 3⁄4 lbs cooked chicken breasts, slices
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 chopped yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup alfredo sauce (jarred or homemade)
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- Spray one 9x13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Combine pasta, asparagus, chicken, mushrooms, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Combine milk, wine, alfredo sauce, and sijon mustard in another bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Add to the chicken and pasta mixture and toss to coat. Pour into baking dish.
- Cover with foil and freeze.
- to serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Keep baking dish covered with foil and bake until surface is bubbly, about 40 minute.
This was really good! The flavors all come together wonderfully! It's hard to beat anything that involves alfredo sauce! I didn't do it OAMC this time, but I will for sure soon, the dinner kit way, assemble then freeze to cook later. Thanks!