1/1 Photo of Spring Couscous Stuffed Bell Peppers
Spring Stuffed Peppers Recipe from Festival Foods
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 29.58 ml olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 453.59 g ground round
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 9.85 ml fresh mint, chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato, diced
- 709.77 ml couscous, cooked
- 473.18 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh mint (to garnish) or basil (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Put peppers, cut side down, on the surface. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 4-6 minutes.
- 2In a large skillet heat the other tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and sauté for a few minutes. Then add beef and garlic salt and pepper. Cook beef and crumble. Drain well. Let cool a few minutes.
- 3Add mint, oregano, both diced tomatoes, couscous and half of the feta cheese. Gently toss together.
- 4In a baking dish, place peppers cut side up this time and fill with meat and cheese mixture. Top with remaining one cup of feta. Bake at 375 degrees for an additional 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Garnish with fresh mint or basil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Couscous Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.9
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.1 mg
- Sodium 669.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 32.8 g