Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spring Stuffed Peppers Recipe from Festival Foods
- 6 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, diced
- 3 cups couscous, cooked
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- of fresh mint (to garnish) or basil (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Put peppers, cut side down, on the surface. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 4-6 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the other tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and sauté for a few minutes. Then add beef and garlic salt and pepper. Cook beef and crumble. Drain well. Let cool a few minutes.
- Add mint, oregano, both diced tomatoes, couscous and half of the feta cheese. Gently toss together.
- In a baking dish, place peppers cut side up this time and fill with meat and cheese mixture. Top with remaining one cup of feta. Bake at 375 degrees for an additional 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh mint or basil.
This was a nice change from what I am used too, I usually stuff my bell peppers with cheese, I used mintfor the garnish, and I cut back on the onion a tad, not much though. Very easy to prepare, and make. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
I made this for lunch today. DH & DS enjoyed it very much. I did leave out the sun-dried tomato because I didn't have any. Made for Newest Zaar Tag