Recipe by Mindi Bunch
I previously posted this recipe using Spam, but I've been thinking it would taste really great with chicken. Haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon. If you get to it before I do, please review it and let me know how it turns out.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 3 (4 1/4 ounce) jars diced green chilies
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute garlic over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers, green onion, chilies, jalapenos, oregano, and cumin; saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and broth.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken & simmer 2 additional minutes.