Recipe by Barb G.
A buttery white wine sauce and a little heap of herbs dress up the chicken and add an incredibly fresh flavor. Best of all, it's fast. Recipe come from Better Homes Gardens Quick & Easy Recipes.
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup snipped fresh oregano (you pick your favorites) or 1⁄2 cup fresh thyme (you pick your favorites) or 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon thyme (you pick your favorites) or 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint (you pick your favorites)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each piece of chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap pound lightly using the side of meat mallet, working from the center to the edges until pieces are an even 1/4-inch thickness, remove plastic wrap.
- In a shallow bowl combine flour, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; coat chicken pieces with flour mixture; in a 12-inch skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat, add chicken and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once;Remove chicken from skillet,transfer to platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add wine and green onions to the skillet; cook and stir 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits in skillet, if necessary; Cook 1 minute more or until reduced to 1/3 cup, remove from heat.
- Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until melted; stir in 2 tablespoon snipped fresh herbs,the black pepper, and the 1/8 teaspoon salt (If using chicken broth omit the 1/8 teaspoon salt). Pile the remaining herbs on chicken when serving.