Recipe by Bone Man
An easy, fast, tasty, healthy, all-in-one-type family dinner. You only need to add some sort of rice or noodle dish for a side. The original recipe came from Crisco -- I had clipped it from a magazine a few years back. To me, the key ingredient is the fresh dill. Enjoy! big pat.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Sorry, but for us this just didn't have much flavor. Since I was serving it over rice, we perked it up by sprinkling liberally with soy sauce. This addition made it more of an Asian-style dish, but it did greatly improve the flavor.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2⁄3 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten the chicken by placing each breast between two sheets of cling wrap and pound it with a pan or with a small meat hammer (flat side). Cut the chicken crosswise into 3/4" strips.
- Mix together the salt, pepper and paprika and coat each chicken piece, then, dredge it through the flour and shake off the excess.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the canola oil over high heat, add the chicken to the hot oil and cook it until all pieces are golden brown on both sides. Reserve any remaining oil in the skillet and, settting the chicken aside when done.
- Cut the asparagus into 1" lengths and mix with the bell pepper strips. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and saute the scallions and garlic over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus and red pepper strips and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken strips to the pan (still sauteeing) and add in the chicken broth. Raise the temperature to high and cook until stock is reduced by half (about 3 minutes).
- Toss in the fresh dill, taste and correct seasonings as needed.
- Serve with cooked rice on the side.