Bone Man's Note:
An easy, fast, tasty, healthy, all-in-one-type family dinner. You only need to add some sort of rice or noodle dish for a side. The original recipe came from Crisco -- I had clipped it from a magazine a few years back. To me, the key ingredient is the fresh dill. Enjoy! big pat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2/3 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1Flatten the chicken by placing each breast between two sheets of cling wrap and pound it with a pan or with a small meat hammer (flat side). Cut the chicken crosswise into 3/4" strips.
- 2Mix together the salt, pepper and paprika and coat each chicken piece, then, dredge it through the flour and shake off the excess.
- 3In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the canola oil over high heat, add the chicken to the hot oil and cook it until all pieces are golden brown on both sides. Reserve any remaining oil in the skillet and, settting the chicken aside when done.
- 4Cut the asparagus into 1" lengths and mix with the bell pepper strips. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and saute the scallions and garlic over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus and red pepper strips and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- 5Return the chicken strips to the pan (still sauteeing) and add in the chicken broth. Raise the temperature to high and cook until stock is reduced by half (about 3 minutes).
- 6Toss in the fresh dill, taste and correct seasonings as needed.
- 7Serve with cooked rice on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Chicken Saute
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 760.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 37.5 g