Recipe by CookbookCarrie
From the Betty Crocker New Choices Cookbook. I think this looks so yummy, but I havent tried it yet. Hopefully someone can get some enjoyment out of this, let me know how it tastes!!!
Top Review by Rita~
I used 16 ounces of pasta, skipped the peppers, used cooked chicken(I had left over from the day before),1 cup of basil, after tossing all together drizzled some olive oil on it and served with fresh grated parmesan cheese.Very good!
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 8 chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped yellow bell peppers
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package, but without salt; drain.
- Cook asparagus, tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers, onion and broth in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly until asparagus is crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in spaghetti and remaining ingredients.
- Toss bout 30 seconds or until heated through.