Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Betty Crocker New Choices Cookbook. I think this looks so yummy, but I havent tried it yet. Hopefully someone can get some enjoyment out of this, let me know how it tastes!!!
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 8 chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped yellow bell peppers
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package, but without salt; drain.
- Cook asparagus, tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers, onion and broth in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly until asparagus is crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in spaghetti and remaining ingredients.
- Toss bout 30 seconds or until heated through.
I used 16 ounces of pasta, skipped the peppers, used cooked chicken(I had left over from the day before),1 cup of basil, after tossing all together drizzled some olive oil on it and served with fresh grated parmesan cheese.Very good!
This was tasty and easy. I used cherry tomatoes instead of the sundried, and threw in the basil leaves whole white onion instead of red. I also used bowtie pasta. I made too much and froze it without the dairy. Simon ate it that way and said it was nice. I stirred a tbs of sourcream and 2 tbs ricotta through mine.