I've never had Fricassee before, so I'm looking forward to this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 " lengths
- 1 cup fresh peas, shelled
- 4 cooked red potatoes, quartered
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2While the oil heats, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Add the chicken to the pan and brown on all sides.
- 4As the chicken pieces finish browning, remove them to a plate and set aside.
- 5Turn the heat down to medium and add the onion.
- 6Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to wilt, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 8Return the chicken to the skillet.
- 9Add the wine, let it boil rapidly for a minute and stir with a wooden spoon to remove any bits that may be stuck to the pan.
- 10Add the chicken broth, turn down the heat so that the mixture simmers slowly and place a lid, slightly ajar, over the skillet.
- 11Cook until the chicken is completely tender, about 20 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil.
- 13Add the asparagus and cook until it is crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes, then drain.
- 14Add the asparagus and peas to the chicken, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes to heat through.
- 15To serve, heat the cooked potatoes and divide them among 4 bowls.
- 16Add chicken, asparagus and peas to each bowl and spoon some of the sauce over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Chicken Fricassee With Asparagus and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (658 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.2
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.6 mg
- Sodium 197.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 43.8 g