1/1 Photo of Spring Chicken and Biscuits
This recipe caught my eye because it has lots of healthy vegetables, and also biscuits -- which my son and husband can't get enough of!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup and two tablespoons baking mix (not with buttermilk)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (4-6 ounces)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 450°. In medium bowl, mix baking mix and 1/3 cup milk until just combined. Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop biscuit dough to make 4 even mounds. Bake biscuits 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2Meanwhile, with meat mallet, pound chicken (placed between 2 sheets plastic wrap) to an even 1/2-inch thickness; cut chicken into 1/2-inch chunks and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 3In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil on medium-high until hot. Add chicken and cook 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- 4To same skillet add remaining 3 teaspoons oil; reduce heat to medium. Add carrots, onion and celery, and cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add broth and heat to boiling on medium-high. In a cup stir cornstarch into 1/2 cup milk and add to skillet. Heat to boiling on medium-high heat. Boil 1 minute, stirring. Remove from heat; stir in peas, dill, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and chicken.
- 5To serve, spoon chicken and vegetable mixture into 4 shallow dinner bowls. Top each bowl with a biscuit; garnish with dill sprigs.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Chicken and Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.9
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 572.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 34.9 g