Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't tried this one yet. Posted for safe-keeping and fresh spring asparagus. Posted Dec. 7, 2004.
- 1 cup spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces, cooked as directed on package, and drained
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough ends snapped off, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces crabmeat, flaked and picked over
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- To make cheese sauce: in a medium saucepan over medium heat, let the butter melt.
- Add in the flour; stir until bubbly.
- Add in the milk, mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste; stir for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in wine and cheese; stir for 1 minute or until smooth.
- To make the casserole: In a mixing bowl, add the spaghetti, asparagus, and crab; stir to mix.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 11x8 inch baking dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in a 350° oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Very good! Followed the directions exactly. Next time I would up the salt a tad. Another one dish meal that I will make again for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe!