Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A creative way to utilize leftovers turkey to create a fabulous brunch dish.
- 2 large onions, dice
- 1 small carrot, peeled and dice
- 1 celery, diced
- 3 large tomatoes, dices
- 2 cups cooked dice turkey
- 3⁄4 cup cream, 35%
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups stock
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 12 pie crusts, and tops- four inches
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons roux
- This Recipe is Base on fahrenheit cooking guidelines. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. In a hot skillet, sauté onion, celery, tomato & carrot for 7 min or until break down.
- 2. Add tomato paste, cream, chicken stock . bring to a boil and turn to simmer. Drop spice bag in( thyme, bay leaf, pepper corn, rosemary) and seasoned with salt and pepper, caynne, all spice and (1 tbsp jerk paste- optional). Cook slow for 20 minute.
- 3. Add turkey, corn, and peas. Continue cooking for 7 minute add roux (equal potion melted butter with flour stir to a thick paste on low heat. Nutty flavor achieve the longer the roux cooks. For this recipe, cook roux for 5-7 min on very low heat) 1 tbsp at a time until thick .
- 4. Flash pie shells in oven for 5 min at 375 degrees.
- 5. Fill shells with turkey mixture, cover with tops. use fork edge to seal pie. Beat eggs and brush top of pies. use a fork to pierce pie before cooking. (you can freeze the pies uncooked for 6 months - cook from frozen to a internal temperature of 170 degrees)
- 6. Bake for 45 min at 350 degrees or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.