Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
New season beans are best to use.
- 2 cups podded broad beans, new season ones are best
- 1 -2 clove crushed garlic
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- salt and black pepper
- Cover the beans with water and simmer until tender, the time can vary from a few minutes for very small beans or 20 minutes for more mature beans.
- Drain and slip any outer shells off any tough beans.
- Mix garlic and yoghurt together.
- Stir yoghurt mixture into the beans and season with the salt and pepper.
- Warm through gently and serve.
Spring is here (boing) and the supermarket has the most gorgeous beans. I used about 4 cloves of garlic, and mostly yogurt with a little sour cream mixed in for richness. Lits of freshly ground black pepper, and a dash of red cayenne as well made this a delicious seasonal meal! Excellent one, Eve!
I made this with organic broad beans out of my box this week, the flavour was fantastic, and the yoghurt & garlic really complimented the beans. Thanks Evie*.
The broad beans are not ready yet so I used a tin of Lima beans. Love the garlic yogurt with the beans, I rinsed them well, mixed the garlic and yogurt then just spooned it over the beans and 20 minutes before dinner popped them into the oven. Lovely to have a different veggie for a change - Thanks for posting Evie*