- 1 cup pearl barley, rinsed
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated, divided
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, cooked until crisp-tender
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- BRING 1-1/2 quart (6 cups) salted water to boil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add barley; return water to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 45 minute or until barley is tender. Drain; cool.
- BEAT salad dressing mix, lemon juice, vinegar and oil in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add barley; toss to coat.
- CUT asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Add to barley mixture along with the peas and lemon peel; mix lightly.