1/5 Photos of Spring Asparagus, Ham and Potato Salad - Honey Mustard Dressing
French Tart's Note:
A light, fresh and very tasty potato salad, which is more of a meal than a side dish! I made this up when I had a few spears of fresh asparagus left, some boiled potatoes and some honey roast ham in the fridge! This recipe/idea is for two people - but it can be increased with ease, hence my listing of the ingredients in numbers, rather than in ounces or grammes! The dressing can be made ahead......and, hopefully it will be warm enough to sit outside and soak up the spring or early summer sun......c'est Parfait!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon mustard, of your choice
- black pepper
- 3 large boiled potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 -10 asparagus cooked asparagus spears, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 4 slices of cooked honey roast ham, cut into strips
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 8 cornichons, sliced (optional)
- black pepper
- 1Make up the dressing by putting all the dressing ingredients into a jar and shaking it well. The dressing can be made up well in advance.
- 2Choose two attractive plates or bowls and start to assemble the salad.
- 3Place the potatoes on the plate/bowl first and then arrange the strips of ham & asparagus spears over the top - gently mix through to "just" mingle the ingredients together.
- 4Next, scatter the minced/finely diced red onion over and then the sliced cornichons - if you are using them.
- 5Pour over the honey & mustard dressing - giving the salad a liberal dousing!
- 6Season and scatter the chopped chives and/or the chopped chervil over the top.
- 7Serve with crusty bread & a glass of crisp, chilled white Chablis or Chardonnay!
- 8Optional ideas:.
- 9You could also add peas, broad beans, olives or crispy bacon!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Asparagus, Ham and Potato Salad - Honey Mustard Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (832 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.1
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 583.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar