Recipe by HokiesMom
From a Betty Crocker Booklet from 1992. Very nice salad with the addition of the aspargus and nuts. You can use either white or green asparagus. Allow at least 2 hours of chilling time before being able to serve.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Fantastic chicken salad with a touch of citrus. I loved the asparagus. I used tiny, thin spears and steamed them very lightly so they weren't mushy. I added some chopped purple onion, but otherwise I stuck to the recipe. This makes a very nce, impressive lunch salad served over red and green Bibb lettuce. Thanx for posting this!
- 226.79 g can pineapple chunks in juice
- 473.18 ml chicken, cooked and cut up
- 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- 59.14 ml light mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml asparagus spear, cooked & cut into 1 inch pieces
- romaine lettuce or red leaf lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple and reserve 1 tbls of the juice for later.
- Mix chicken, walnuts, almonds and pineapple in medium bowl.
- Mix reserved pineapple juice and mayonaisse until smooth.
- Toss mayonaisse mixture with chicken mixture.
- Fold in asparagus.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.