Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From a Betty Crocker Booklet from 1992. Very nice salad with the addition of the aspargus and nuts. You can use either white or green asparagus. Allow at least 2 hours of chilling time before being able to serve.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cut up
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup asparagus spear, cooked & cut into 1 inch pieces
- romaine lettuce or red leaf lettuce leaf
- Drain pineapple and reserve 1 tbls of the juice for later.
- Mix chicken, walnuts, almonds and pineapple in medium bowl.
- Mix reserved pineapple juice and mayonaisse until smooth.
- Toss mayonaisse mixture with chicken mixture.
- Fold in asparagus.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
Fantastic chicken salad with a touch of citrus. I loved the asparagus. I used tiny, thin spears and steamed them very lightly so they weren't mushy. I added some chopped purple onion, but otherwise I stuck to the recipe. This makes a very nce, impressive lunch salad served over red and green Bibb lettuce. Thanx for posting this!
Made this for a quick dinner tonight and it was excellent!! Made as is except used chopped almonds, didn't have sliced, and also used green leaf lettuce before it went bad. Was very light and refreshing tasting. Will make again; would be a good salad for the hot summer days. Made for Went to the Market Tag February 2010.
I cooked the chicken and asparagus in my new Steamer machine. First time trying chicken in it. Wow this was great. The chicken was cooked to perfection and tasty. I omitted the walnuts, but used a bit more of almonds. This is delicious. I made this for my lunches but I think I will have to do a tiny small recipe for DS. He really liked it. Thanks Melissa. Made for 123 hit wonders