Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
With an lot of asparagus and chicken on hand I decided to experiment and this was my result. Not one to run to the store for just 1 item - I found I had all these ingredients on hand and they worked perfectly together.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, cooked & drained
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 lb portabella mushroom
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Season chicken (to your taste) and grill chicken till done.
- Cut or tear into bite size pieces.
- Season fresh asparagus & mushrooms by brushing lightly with extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes or until done.
- Coarse cut grilled asparagus & mushrooms into bite size pieces.
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain well.
- Mince garlic & shallots.
- Place cooked pasta, chicken, asparagus, mushrooms, garlic & shallots into large serving bowl, tossing lightly to mix.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour your favorite Caesar salad dressing over the mixture to coat, (I started with 3/4 cup and then add slowly to desired consistency of your choice.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve warm but can be served chilled.