1/1 Photo of Spring Asparagus Angel Hair Pasta
Charlotte J's Note:
Another recipe for a not so local Farmers' Market here in our state. Wish I could go to it every Saturday. I've not tried this but don't want to misplace the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs asparagus
- salt, for water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, shaved thin and julienned
- 1 cup shallot, peeled and julienned
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3/4 cup fresh chives, chopped fine
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Rinse the asparagus and remove the bottom inch of the stem.
- 2Cut the tips into 2 inch pieces.
- 3Cut the remaining piece julienned.
- 4Set the asparagus aside.
- 5Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt.
- 6In a large nonstick skillet, saute the garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes in olive oil, until tender but not browned.
- 7Add the lemon juice and reduce by half.
- 8Drop the pasta and the asparagus tips into the boiling water.
- 9Cook until the pasta is ala dente, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- 10Drain for a few minutes and add to the pan.
- 11While the pasta is cooking add the remaining asparagus to the pan with the shallots and saute until they begin to wilt.
- 12Toss in the chives, the pasta and cook until the remaining water has evaporated.
- 13Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 14Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese.
- 15Serve immediately.
- 16(When I make this a second time, I'm going to add a little lemon zest in step 7).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Asparagus Angel Hair Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 236.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 26.8 g