Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe for a not so local Farmers' Market here in our state. Wish I could go to it every Saturday. I've not tried this but don't want to misplace the recipe.
- 2 lbs asparagus
- salt, for water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, shaved thin and julienned
- 1 cup shallot, peeled and julienned
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped fine
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Rinse the asparagus and remove the bottom inch of the stem.
- Cut the tips into 2 inch pieces.
- Cut the remaining piece julienned.
- Set the asparagus aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes in olive oil, until tender but not browned.
- Add the lemon juice and reduce by half.
- Drop the pasta and the asparagus tips into the boiling water.
- Cook until the pasta is ala dente, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Drain for a few minutes and add to the pan.
- While the pasta is cooking add the remaining asparagus to the pan with the shallots and saute until they begin to wilt.
- Toss in the chives, the pasta and cook until the remaining water has evaporated.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- (When I make this a second time, I'm going to add a little lemon zest in step 7).
Great fresh pasta recipe! The lemon juice really brightened this up. I liked the idea of slicing and sauteing the asparagus spears in addition to adding the tips. Used parsley instead of chives, otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing the recipe!