Recipe by Rita~
What a way to bring in the spring and summer? You'll find yourself at the dinner table going for this in place of anything else. ;) In mine I left it whole for presentation but it would better if cut as directed and tossed with rest of ingredients. can be served room temperature or chilled for those hot days.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, cut in to1/2 inch pieces and peeled if tough
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 2 -3 cups strawberries, sliced thick
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced very very thin
- 1 tablespoon caramel topping or 1 tablespoon honey, Plus more
- caramel topping or honey, to drizzle
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh grated nutmeg
- caramel topping, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus in well salted boil water for 3-5 minutes. Rinse in cold water.
- Microwave onion in a 1/8 cup of water for 1 minute and rinse well in cold water and drain.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter.
- Arrange strawberries over asparagus. Or toss with asparagus.
- Reduce the balsamic vinegar to 1/4 cup, whisk in caramel or honey, oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add onions to the vinegar mixture.
- Pour the mixture over asparagus.
- Drizzle with caramel topping. Sprinkle almonds over the salad.