1/4 Photos of Spring Asparagus and Strawberry Salad With a Caramel Drizzle
What a way to bring in the spring and summer? You'll find yourself at the dinner table going for this in place of anything else. ;) In mine I left it whole for presentation but it would better if cut as directed and tossed with rest of ingredients. can be served room temperature or chilled for those hot days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g asparagus, cut in to1/2 inch pieces and peeled if tough
- 118.29 ml raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 473.18-709.77 ml strawberries, sliced thick
- 1 red onion, sliced very very thin
- 14.79 ml caramel topping or 14.79 ml honey, Plus more
- caramel topping or honey, to drizzle
- 14.79 ml hazelnut oil or 14.79 ml olive oil
- fresh grated nutmeg
- caramel topping, to taste
- 14.79-29.58 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- 1Cook asparagus in well salted boil water for 3-5 minutes. Rinse in cold water.
- 2Microwave onion in a 1/8 cup of water for 1 minute and rinse well in cold water and drain.
- 3Arrange asparagus on a platter.
- 4Arrange strawberries over asparagus. Or toss with asparagus.
- 5Reduce the balsamic vinegar to 1/4 cup, whisk in caramel or honey, oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 6Add onions to the vinegar mixture.
- 7Pour the mixture over asparagus.
- 8Drizzle with caramel topping. Sprinkle almonds over the salad.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Asparagus and Strawberry Salad With a Caramel Drizzle
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.9
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberry balsamic vinegar