Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Roasted peppers, whole baked garlic and chunks of Parmesan cheese start a meal beautifully. Be sure to include some good fresh Italian crusty bread to use with the meltingly sweet garlic and a cruet of good extra virgin olive oil instead of butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, cut off top 1/2 inch from garlic to expose cloves.
- Place each head in the middle of a 6-inch square of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over top of each.
- Wrap garlic loosely in foil.
- Set packets of garlic on a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until garlic is soft enough to squeeze out of cloves to spread onto bread.
very nice. I ended up putting all the cut sides down on the foil, which resulted in some yummy hard/chewy bits in my garlic. (next time I want to spread it on bread, I'll make sure the cut ends are up). I'm looking forward to getting better garlic from the farmers market this summer--easier to cut (and bigger) than what I get at the supermarket.