Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
....on crackers that is! This is just a "throw together" type of spread...use your imagination on ingredient combinations.
- cream cheese
- garlic (minced)
- sun-dried tomato (finely diced)
- green onion (finely diced)
- dried oregano
- serrano pepper, finely diced (optional)
- Blend ingredients with a hand mixer or food processor.
- No measuring here, I just do all to taste and the amount desired.
- The serrano pepper is if you want to add a little spice to the spread.
- Again, all other ingredients are to taste (and I improvise alot as well, i. e. bell pepper, red or yellow peppers and so on).
- For best results, let chill a minimum of half an hour.
- Serve with crackers, celery sticks, green onions, carrots, etc.
We love this stuff!!! We use lo fat creamed cheese and left the sundried tomatoes alittle "chunky". I have used it as a sandwich spread on its own and with roast beef. I have also used it as a dip although I did add a splash of milk just to make it softer so the crakers didnt snap. It is also yummy with vegatable sticks and on steak. I think you've created the perfect alround dip/spread. well done Rise.
I like it very much, partly because no measuring is needed and i am free to use my tongue! Sometimes i am intimidated to "just throw things together", but this recipe gives me guideline with flexibility. thx rise