Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
Another English recipe which my grandmother brought from the UK. Some places it is called "Spotted Dick". A very filling pudding
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup suet, finely cut
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, bread crumbs and sugar.
- Add suet. Mix in egg and enough milk to make a workable dough - add raisins.
- Roll dough into a thick sausage and wrap in a moist, floured cloth (I use cheesecloth)
- Tie ends securely and put into a large pot of boiling water.
- Steam for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Serve with lemon sauce, or custard sauce or applesauce.