Recipe by lizeroo
From Caper's Community Market, via the Vancouver Sun. Spot Prawns are native to the BC coast and are DELICIOUS! They are meaty, yet tender compared to tiger prawns etc. This sounds very good.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 lb bc spot prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, deced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon organic soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grapeseed oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Mix in ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook and stir for one minute.
- Raise Heat to high.
- Add red and green peppers and prawns and stir fry for 3 to 4 min until prawns are just opaque. Add mango and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and mix in soy sauce, sesame oil, green onion and basil leaves.
- Serve immediately over steamed rice.