Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A perfect marinade for wild meat.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat mixture to boiling over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Marinate game in marinade (in refrigerator) at least two days before BBQ'ing.