Sports Bars With Dried Fruit and Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 9-inch square metal baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix cereal, walnuts, dates, cherries, and raisins in medium bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, and corn syrup in heavy small saucepan. Bring to boil, whisking constantly until mixture bubbles vigorously and thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture in bowl; stir to blend.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan; press to compact. Bake until just golden around edges, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely. Cut into 2 1/2x1 1/2-inch bars.
- (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Store in single layer between sheets of foil in airtight container at room temperature.).