Recipe by Ann Marie F
This is from The Spoonriver Cookbook. Spoonriver is a restaurant in Minneapolis. Of this recipe, cookbook author Brenda Langton says "there is nothing like the taste sensation of a really good cantaloupe or honeydew. As we all know, it's a real bummer to come home with a bland one. Choose a melon that has an aroma and is slightly soft at the bottom. This soup blends that wonderful melon flavor with a hint of mint, a great combination. This is a good first course for a summer brunch".
- 1 large about 3 pounds cantaloupe
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey, if needed
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the melon into chunks, reserving the juices.
- Put the melon and its juices into a blender along with the apple juice and lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Add the mint for just a few seconds at the end.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and whisk in the yogurt.
- Taste the soup and correct the seasonings. You may want to add more mint or perhaps a little honey.