Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a cookbook that was sold by our local telephone company. It is great because I can make it up and cook the rolls as I need them.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water (using wood or plastic spoon and plastic or glass bowl) Add remaining ingredients as listed.
- Grease muffin pan, or spray with pam.
- Fill each muffin space 1/2 full.
- Bake on 425 F.
- about 20 minutes.
- Mixture will be soupy and will not need to rise.
- If you don't want to bake all of these at the same time, the dough may be kept in the refrigerator for several days.
This is the recipe that I have made for years when I wanted a quick,easy roll without having to go to the trouble of kneading etc. These are tasty too!!
I got this very same recipe out of a Southern Living Cookbook that I got from my mother when she passed away. I have made this recipe many, many time and have used it with many entrees, such as my Chilled Shrimp and Fruit Curry. It never fails to win kudos from my guests.
These were great! They were easy to make and smelled wonderful while they were cooking. I made as posted and my batter was definately runny. I made up 12 for dinner and put the rest of the batter in the fridge for another meal later this week. Thanks for posting a keeper!