Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine yeast mixture with butter and flour.Stir in egg and sugar.
- Mixture will be a very soft batter.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Fabulous result and wonderfully easy to make too - kitchen smelled so yeasty while they cooked. I can't stop eating them. Made for Everyday is a Holiday.