Recipe by Sharon123
A rich, sweet and spicy (not to mention lucsious) Asian sauce to serve with fish, or to spoon or baste over the the fish while grilling. Great on salmon, also mixed in with rice, but can also be used on tofu or tempeh, grilled vegetables, especially eggplant! Enjoy! Brought to you by the Looney Spoon Phoodies for The Mixing Pot challenge! We may be looney but we are phoodies, after all. We feel it represents our team because we are rich, sweet and spicy!
Top Review by threeovens
I just loved the perfume of the orange zest. I couldn't resist being a bit of a Renegade, so I Spooned it over some beef short ribs, let them marinate a bit, then grilled them to wonderful zesty, spicy, sweet perfection. Made for ZWT #6.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or Braggs Aminos)
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon honey (or sugar or agave syrup)
- 2 teaspoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or parsley or chives if you don't like cilantro or use them all!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Use as a sauce over salmon or other fish, dumplings and potstickers, as a marinade or sauce for fish, tofu or tempeh, and with grilled veggies, especially eggplant!