Recipe by Shawnee TX
This is a very soft fudge that Mom made when we were young. Rather than "pieces" of fudge, we got "spoonfuls". It's rich and chocolate-y, very candy-like.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except nuts and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and the chocolate is melted.
- Continue cooking until it reaches the soft ball stage (236 degrees) stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and let stand, without stirring, until the bottom of the pan is lukewarm.
- Beat until the candy loses its gloss, then quickly stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into buttered 8" or 9" pan.
- When cool, eat by the spoonful!