Recipe by Ed Paulhus
This recipe tops a basic chili with a corn meal cheese biscuit.
Top Review by Norahs Girl
This was very good,i did add more garlic and used Mexican style tinned tomatoes and added 2 finely chopped serano chillis.I also sprinkled a little cayenne pepper over the top as a garnish prior to putting in the oven.
- 1⁄2 lb beef, ground
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Add chili pepper, tomatoes, corn and beans and cook for five minutes.
- Turn into casserole dish and set aside. Scald milk with butter and salt. Gradually add corn mean while stirring.
- Cook until thickened - 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese and egg.
- Spread topping over casserole. Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes or until topping has set.