Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 cup plain meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites, beaten into peaks
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Sift meal, salt and sugar together; then stir into scalded milk.
- When it thickens slightly, stir in the 4 egg yolks after removing from the stove and beat well.
- Fold in the slightly beaten whites.
- Pour all into butter which has been melted in a large casserole. Place in preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or a golden brown.
- Serve immediately, it falls quickly!