Recipe by Sweetiebarbara
My Mother used to serve this years ago, I can still taste it. Warm, light, creamy, and yummy.
Top Review by OmaJane
Absolutely delicious!! I made this with two cups of milk instead of three but only because I was going too fast in reading the recipe. My husband and I ate it for lunch with ham. He thinks it would be great with jam or cane syrup. What a treat that would be on a cold morning! Thanks again Barbara for a great recipe. OmaJane
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted, or very soft)
- 3 eggs (separated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 2 quart casserole, set oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook corn meal with 2 cups of the milk until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add salt, baking powder, butter, and 1 cup milk.
- Add beaten egg yolks.
- Fold in stiff-beaten egg whites.
- Bake about 1 hour.
- Serve in warm dishes and top with butter.