This recipe is adapted from Southern Living. Preparation time includes standing time.
Make and share this Spoon Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (Fahrenheit) and lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Measure cornmeal into a large heatproof bowl.
- Gradually pour boiling water over cornmeal and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Add salt and butter and stir until butter melts and mixture is well blended.
- Let mixture stand 10 minutes.
- After mixture stands, stir in milk and beaten eggs gradually.
- Stir in baking powder.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes until lightly browned.