Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1 quart lemon sherbet, softened
- 1 cup champagne, rose or white wine
- Combine sugar and water in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat just until temperature reaches 238F degrees on candy thermometer.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Continue beating, pouring hot syrup in thin thread into whites.
- Stir in sherbet.
- Spoon mixture into individual serving dishes.
- Cover and freeze.
- Before serving, pour 2 tablespoons champagne over each serving.