Recipe by MarieRynr
This tasty recipe came from out of one of those Grocery Store counter magazines. The picture on the recipe is really cute. This is a real winner to make for the kids on Halloween. It looks Spooktacular! If your's are like mine were, it was a nightmare getting them to eat any supper at all on that night. This should help!
- 453.59 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 591.47 ml frozen mixed vegetables
- 411.06 g can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 340.19 g jar beef gravy
- 709.77 ml mashed potatoes
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375*F. Spray a 12 inch skillet with cooking spray and brown the ground beef and onions over medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain, if necessary.
- Set aside 12 peas from the mixed vegetables for garnish. Add the remaining frozen vegetables, tomatoes, and gravy to the ground beef. Heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the ground beef mixture into an ungreased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Mix together the mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese and egg. Spoon onto the hot beef mixture in upright mounds to resemble ghosts. Place 2 reserved peas on each mound to resemble eyes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are set and mixture is thoroughly heated.